Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nice relaxing day!

My third day in Australia. After a 14 hour flight, I got into Sydney airport around 8:00 am! Rebecca and Hannah met me at the airport and I was so releived to find them so quickly. I had a bit of trouble switching terminals and a long wait through customs. But it was worth it. I have loved being here. Camden is such a beautiful place eventhough it is cold and a bit rainy right now. Rebecca has been so kind and gracious to me, making sure my stay is extra special. The family has welcomed me with open arms and it's been so comforting. Everything is so different here. from the different name brands to driving on the other side of the road! Erin arrived yesterday and we all went into the city and watched Dark Knight in I-MAX! We then pretty much got harassed and cussed out by a scary hippie man who was angry because he didn't get the money he thought he deserved after doing fire tricks. haha, good times, good times. Today has been a relaxing day. Just cuddling up on the couch talking and watching the television. Kate, Sarah and Dane arrived today and it's been lovely. The babies are so cute. Many more good times to come. I'll keep you posted.

XOXO

P.S.- I miss you I miss you Scarlett household. Especially Mum and Dad. Oh and Aliza!

6 comments:

  1. you should have told the "fire man" that he burned up all of your cash...so that's why he didn't get a tip.

    hope you have a ball!

    "gidday mate!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. when do you get to adelaide? we have a weirdo who walks around town in his Speedo's and white gum boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey pie baby,

    i miss you sooo much - i find myself thinking about you and wondering what you're doing all the time. i know you're having fun!

    izzy is doing great - so far she's slept with maddie, me and last night bunked in with connor. she continues to be completely mental - she had a grand time last night tossing around a grape, finally eating it, then coming back for more - she repeated the process about 4 times - mental!

    it's great having liza here - she has managed to help keep up the daily quota of laughter since you're not here to do it. she is busily getting her stuff done to start school - she hasn't started looking for apartments yet - maybe you'll have a room mate when you get back!?

    kids are all good - liam wondered as he went to play/sleepover at adam's the other day if sara might have a copy of twilight for him to read - i guess he was shamed/mocked out of reading it by the boys, so he had some make up reading to do come tuesday night! i love that kid! maddie survived her first day of freshman year and was even willing to go back for a second - we'll see if the trend continues. connor is connor. he pinkie promised sis. b. he wouldn't ditch seminary! you gotta love it - whatever it takes we'll take it!

    dad got the giggles twice yesterday afternoon over something so random i can't even remember what it was. talk about mental!

    we love you - miss you - but i'm glad you're where you are. love on everyone for me. later, mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give Dane a kiss! And Kate's whole family.. oh, and Rebecca's whole family. I didn't think you were going to blog while you were gone.. then I just checked!!! yay! hope you're having the best time!

    ReplyDelete