Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here in Queensland!

I have left Sydney and have arr ivied in Queensland. It loved staying with Rebecca and Morgan. Their family is amazing! Erin and Kate and the babies made it even more enjoyable! I am now here in Queensland staying with Dinah (Uncle Andy and Trish's daughter). It has been so much fun so far.
When I got off the plane I assumed I would recognize Dinah when I saw her and just walk straight up to her with a big hug. But when I got off the plane, I looked around for a bit and saw someone who I thought was her but i wasn't sure and I could tell she was doing the same thing. Then we realized that we found the person we were looking for....EACH OTHER! Very funny first meeting but she has been so great to me. Dinah has been so good to me. Treating me as an actual member of the family pretty much. She is just great and sort of reminds me of my mama. :) It's great getting to know her.
We went up to Gold Coast yesterday and went to Surfer's Paradise which is any surfers dream. I put my feet in the softest sand I think I have ever felt and then put my feet in the water. We then went up to Q1, which was built for the Olympics. It is the tallest residential building in the world and is the 20th tallest building in the world. It was literally breathtaking. You feel almost dizzy looking out the glass windows upon the city. It took us 43 seconds to get up to the 77th floor and the same going down. Talk about fast. We then headed for home and I go to meet the kiddies. Kira, 10. Liam, 8 and Zali, 6. Talk about gorgeous kids.
Today we went to Tambourine Mountain. Talk about a great hiking place. It is a rain forest filled with huge overbearing trees and very lush and green. It has a little strip of shops that feel like a country town. Then we went to Southbank and went to see the Brisbane temple. Now that is a beautiful temple and it overlooks the river.
Tomorrow we are off to The Steve Erwin Park Zoo!!!! Yay!

4 comments:

  1. hey my love - i think you have officially seen more of australia than i have! i never did get up to queensland - sounds as tho you have squeezed in a ton of stuff in the couple of days you have there - so happy for you!! have you gotten to see joe & carmen? - be sure and call him ok?! and just f.y.i...it's the Gold Coast - named for it's golden beaches - of course no one could blame you for thinking it was goal coast, we aussies are pretty lazy speakers and think that most of the consonants in a word are suggestions only and therefore not necessary when pronouncing it.

    give my love to dinah - her liam was just a little baby when i saw her last, and you were the age of kira when i went on that trip! so weird to think that you are there now - everyones growing up way too fast!

    the new couch comes tomorrow - YAAHOOOO! it will be so nice to have somewhere comfortable to sit...and sleep! :) copper peed on the rug in the family room so we have been down to the throw cushions and bare tile for a couple days - the rug now awaits a good scrubbing which i will go and do right now so it'll by dry in time.

    and that's about as exciting as it's been here! we love and miss you - talk to you soon, love mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Arizona, you really are living now, gold coast beaches, the most beautiful in the world, mountains, hiking, and shopping around Sydney and family to provide love, comfort and accommodation...you really have made it to the big time and sound like you are having so much fun. Give Dinah Ruth (just to distinguish her from me!) and the children hugs and kisses for me. Just looked at Uncle Andy's site with the lovely pictures of the girls and Liam holding a huge snake. They all look so Aussie and beautiful and so Smylie too! I love you and the fact that your are taking the time to blog too....we are all taking this trip with you love, thank you for sharing.....love ya ...dinah

    ReplyDelete