Saturday, August 9, 2008

A day in the city

Yesterday was a busy busy day. All of the family, except Morgan who had to work :(, went out for a day in the city. We all grabbed our bags and babies and headed off for a train ride to the city. I loved seeing the city full of life and people bustling around. It felt as if I were in New York except being in Sydney, Australia was much cooler. Instead of people playing the guitars, everyone played the digeridoo. It's been so interesting to compare Australia to Amereica. There are some similarites but it is for the most part, a completely different continent.
The Sydney Harbor Bridge was amazing. It waas so surreal. I felt as though I was looking at a painting. As we rounded the corner the Sydney Opera House was absoulutely beautiful. The design and architecture was so different looking at it up close rather than looking at a picture. As we looked inside the resaurant we saw a group a very prestine chefs having a little chat. Rebecca pointed out that one of them was a famous chef and owned the restaurant.
We then went to the Botanical Gardens and walked through a large tree of bats. It honestly looked like a horror movie only it was daytime so it wasn't nearly as scary.
We then went on a ferrie ride on the harbor. It was my first ferrie ride, so i thought I would get sick but to my surprise, I loved it. It was so free and relaxing. Though it was a bit cold, it was very peaceful. The day was just in plain old words, a fun day. I cannot wait to come again and explore even omore of the history and the beauty of Sydney. I got a good clear picture of the bridge and opera house together.
I know it's horrible to say but I think I want to live here. Sorry mum. How about we all move over here okay?
Love and miss everyone.

5 comments:

  1. hey honey - i am so glad you are having such a great time - i'm sorry i've missed your calls - i tried to call you back sunday but you were all at church - today you all headed to kate's...i even tried calling you there, but only got the machine.

    we are all doing well - uncle stephen was in town for a quick trip this weekend so we got to spend the day with him today. it was really nice to have so much time with him since - he had already checked out of his hotel room and his flight didn't leave until late this evening so he kind of had no choice but to kill the day with us. i loved it and was greatful for the mysterious ways in which the lord moves.

    i will try calling you again tomorrow, although i think you are heading up to queensland soon - maybe i'll just need to catch you up there. i love you, mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are NOT moving over there!!! I love you but you and I are supposed to live next to each other and have babies together and be old crones together! How are we supposed to do that if you're halfway accross the world?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. roxanneis
    right
    yourefamilywouldmissyoutomuuuuch

    ReplyDelete