Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Take care TCB!

I have been working with a boy with autism for a couple months now and I am absolutely in love with him. I am learning so much and can only hope that he is too. He is very funny and smart. He can have his moments but the good always dominate the not so good. 
A couple week ago, I was watching him and getting him ready for bed. He is a 10 year old boy completely infatuated with video games and his Nintendo DS. I asked him a couple times "please get ready for bed, you have been playing for a while now and it's time to turn the Nintendo off." A little bit went by and I asked him again. He looked at me and asked "can't you respect me for just one minute woman?!" I told him that I did respect him and now it was his turn to respect me and turn off the game and go to bed. He then turned to me and said "I am the man and you are the woman. Learn how to respect a man. Just respect a man!" 

Last night we went to his grandmas house and he started playing the Nintendo again. He played a while and when I came in to tell him it was time to go he looked at me again and said "Again with the respect."

I apparently need to learn how to give some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

6 comments:

  1. I've got one who doesn't ask for respect he says "Back off, just back off!" That's kind of funny but funnier and more awkward when he says it just as he has walked past a small group of cops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's so funny! Oh man I'm glad you're learning so much from this boy :) oh and i have a blog now btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ididnewposttoo
    idonatedbloodtoday
    butldontlikedonateblood
    becauseidontneedlesinarmthatswhy
    ididanywaythough

    ReplyDelete