Monday, February 25, 2008

Workin it



A few weeks ago I, Caitlin Scarlett, got a job. I had worked previously at Gelato Premio which is an Italian Ice Cream Shop. It was torture for me to look at the ice cream and not be tempted to eat it, plus my bosses were a bit on the coo coo side so I quit. I got a job at a childcare center at the gym I go to. It's been an wild ride so far. It's taught me a lot of patience which is a good thing because when I start having kids I need that patience to keep from going crazy.

This past Saturday I was watching this little boy who is regularly there because his mom works at the gym. I saw him fighting with another boy and told him to stop. When he didn't I told him a very kind voice to come over to me so I could talk to him. He slowly came over with a very angry look on his face. As I tried to ask him why he was fighting, out of nowhere, HE PUNCHES ME IN THE FACE!!!! I got a fat lip from a little 4 1/2 year old. I told one of the girls I work with to go get his mom and let's just say after his mom had a talk with him, he came and apologized. That little boy is as sweet to me as ever now.

It's been fun working there but sometimes I just have to stop myself and think why? This little girl came to me with pooh all over her behind and I found a whole other mess in the bathroom. A baby burped up his whole dinner on my shirt. A little boy asked me when I was gonna have my baby. And a couple days ago he accidentally ran into my stomach and when I said "ouch", he asked if he had hurt the baby at all. I have watched Aladdin more than 20 times in the past 3 weeks. I think I might be going deaf from all the kids screaming and yelling at each other eventhough they are only a few feet apart.

All in all my job is pretty great though. I have really good hours and MOST of the kids I watch are pretty dang cute.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the real world.......and you wanted how many babies??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! It's so true. At least you can leave at 8 or 9 and go home to your comfy bed and not get woken up until it's TIME to get woken up. Sweet sweet youth. Drink it UP. Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job. That sounds like more work than actually having your own kids. Atleast when they are your own, you don't mind all the yucky parts as much. Great to hear you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!!! I love this post because I can TOTALLY relate to it. I have worked at 2 different gym daycares, and have had almost the exact same things happen. How is that possible? There are crazy stories every single day. You gotta love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, that's my job and you just made it sound funny. I work at a special school with some serious offenders and I can't wait to go back every day.
    DEE

    ReplyDelete
  6. hicaitlin
    angelinajolie is pregant
    withtwins
    iheardorreadsome where
    justcelebrityupdatefor you

    ReplyDelete