Sunday, January 2, 2011

Living the HI life

So...I'm here in Hawaii and life is good. I was supposed to get here on the 31st but things didn't go exactly as planned. I woke up at 4:30am and got everything together then headed out with my mum and dad to the airport. After saying our goodbyes I went through security and waited at gate 5 for the HA35, 8am flight, to Honolulu. After buying a water bottle from the gift store I headed back and found a whole bunch of people frazzled with disappointing looks on their faces. I asked the man closest to me what was going on and he said that there was a 6-8 hour delay! I quickly called my mum asking what I should do. I was going to stick it out but that only lasted till noon because of the fact that my plane was now supposed to leave at 9pm. I politely asked the assistants at the desk if I could change my flight to the next day. Surprisingly the lady said that there was only one seat left! Let's just say that the Lord blesses us more than I will ever be able to comprehend. I spent he rest of the afternoon sleeping and had a very relaxing new year's eve. I woke up New Years Day and headed out on my flight. Lucky for me there was a girl that I new back when I was young who was also going to school there. When we arrived we found our transportation easily and arrived to campus.
I will never take the beauty of this earth for granted again. It is so lush and green here. Heavenly Father ceases to amaze me with the beauty He has surrounded me with. I cannot believe I'm here. It's like I'm in a dream, not making it to a full reality yet.
I miss my family but I know at this time, this is where I am supposed to be. In a blessing given to me, I was told that the places I saw and the people I met would be familiar and I can honestly say that I feel the familiarity. I know I am going to love it here and live this experience to the fullest.
Pictures coming soon. Loves all around!

4 comments:

  1. You know, out of any place, I wish I could have lived in Hawaii. In college, in childhood, anytime. I would have loved it. I felt like I had come home! I know you will have so much fun and connect so much with the people and place.

    Thinking of you and I'll always be reading! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you and miss you, but so proud that you're living out one of your goals. can't wait for pictures.

    love you, bub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. (Chant) Give the people what they want. Pictures.

    ReplyDelete