Friday, March 13, 2009

Snow Day



A few weeks ago, Roxy and I had the chance to go up to Sunrise with a YSA group. We were so psyched to go and play in the snow while attempting to try and snowboard. The group took a bus ride there at 4:30 in the morning and slept the whole way. As we got off the bus and went to get our snowboards, Roxy and I realized we were the only ones wearing jeans (no joke, only ones). It's Arizona for crying out loud! Who has snow pants?
We both decided it would be best to start off on the bunny hill just to get the hang of it. I had been snowboarding once while I was in Utah with Jake, Connor and my Dad (he ended up getting skis). I thought I would be totally fine because I remember it being really easy the first time I went. This was NOT the case. It took me forever to get up and when I did, I fell right back down. My pants were wet and my hands were freezing because I forgot gloves. I didn't feel like a complete weakling because Roxanne was struggling with the same thing, although she was smart and brought gloves. After a while of struggling we got down the hill, mostly by falling.
We met up with a couple guys who were fairly used to snowboarding and decided to go up on the lift with them to a pretty easy run. As we started, I fell down a few times but then I was finally getting the hang of it and I hardly fell down at all. One reason for that was probably that the boys knew what they were doing so we just followed them. It felt good getting down that mountain.

4 comments:

  1. you look so happy to be cold and ill prepared. God bless, as Granny always says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! I'm so jealous that you guys went snowboarding. I live in Utah for crying out loud and I haven't gone yet!! The one and only time I have been skiing was with you guys back in YW. Man good time good times.

    ReplyDelete