Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am having extended family withdrawls


For the past couple of days I have been thinking of my family here in America and in Australia. If only there were some way I could win the lottery, then I would travel as much I could and visit.
I am truly blessed by my Heavenly Father for the family that I have. I cannot wait for the day in heaven when we will all get to see each other and embrace each other all together. I love my family. Everyone is so welcoming and kind. It feels that when we reconnect, our bond is so strong and cannot be broken.
I can't believe it's been two years since I have seen the Florida Smylie's. I loved the chance that my Mum, Maddie and I had to visit. All the aunts and uncles, mums and dads, cousins and brothers and sisters together. That time was so fun and so enjoyable. Thank you Stephen and Donna for opening your home to us! And I can't wait for the next time I come to meet Auntie Dinah and the new additions to the family.
I know I only visited Australia a few months ago but I don't think anyone knows how much I miss it. I can't imagine how my mum feels. I was only there for a short while but I couldn't believe how much it hurt to leave. I had the time of my life when I visited all the family in Sydney, Queensland and Adelaide. I miss seeing the family and getting to know everyone. I miss Granny and the stories she shared. I miss Auntie Chris and that motherly love and care she gave to me while I was there. I miss Uncle Jouni and the jokes he made. I miss Auntie Gerry and the kindness and comfort she gave me. I miss Uncle Al and talking about movies with him. I miss Auntie Shelley and her sense of humor and spirit. I miss Uncle Andy and seeing his love and passion for music and photography. I miss Auntie Trish and her gooooood cooking. I miss all of the cousins and them showing me a good time and welcoming me with open arms. I miss it so so so much. I think one of the best memories was when we had a Family Home Evening night and EVERYONE was there. It was amazing. I loved the chance of going to the beach house and just spending time talking and laughing. I am so thankful for the provision that everyone gave to me such as paying for food and giving me a place to stay. My heart is so full with love for everyone. I don't think thank you would even be able to cover the gratefulness that I have. I am so in love with my parents for providing that trip of a lifetime for me. I will remember it for forever. I will visit again. And next time my Mum is coming.

An Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you. 
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, 
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

I love you to eternity and back. Big hugs and kisses to each of you.

3 comments:

  1. It is totally time for you to make a trip to Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have an amazing extended family. So grateful to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeeeyoumarchforreal
    hopefullymylegwiljustfineee
    weldoctorsnextweekwhenbootcomesoff
    seeeeeyouuuuuusoooooooon
    inmarch

    ReplyDelete